We have an active patient participation group at our practice.
The Group was established in 2011 – we are a small team all of whom are members of the practice across both Surgeries.
Our objectives are:
- To provide active input with a view to enhancing the patient experience at the practice.
- To provide support & constructive suggestions to the practice to improve quality service through the appropriate channels, whether face to face, telephone, e-mail or any other contact means.
- To monitor progress through such as surveys, questionnaires, mail shots, other contact methods & to gather patient feedback, suggestions, discuss with practice & and take action where appropriate.
- To genuinely understand patient’s needs by adopting a considerate & sensitive approach to individual patient issues, liaising closely with the practice as necessary.
- To support the practice to become first choice for residents in the catchment Post Code areas.
- To meet periodically to assess progress.
We meet once per quarter at the Practice for approximately 90 minutes and are joined each time by both GP’s and practice staff in open dialogue. We are keen to increase our numbers so that we have input from patients with differing requirements/needs of the practice. We do intend to visit other practices to meet with their patient group members and will invite other groups to our meetings.
If you would like to join the group please follow the links on this page or email [email protected]