Please DO NOT contact the practice if you think you may have Coronavirus!
We are following the advice of NHS 111, please visit the link above for the latest guidance and how you can play your part and prevent the spread of Covid-19. We also do not have the facilities to test for Covid-19. For information about what you should do if you are worried you may have coronavirus please see the NHS111 website: www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19.
We have made the decision that as from today, Monday 23 March 2020 the practice doors will be locked until further notice. This means that only patients with a face to face appointment which a GP has triage’d and made the decision that the benefits of attending the practice are greater than the risks of attending, may enter the practice.
Changes that have been made to date:
- We are changing most appointments to telephone consultations.
- Your appointments may need to be cancelled at short notice.
- If you are self-isolating and require a certificate for your employer please follow the link:/111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
- We will not be issuing new prescriptions for paracetamol unless medically advised for an acute illness – normal repeats for paracetamol will continue unaffected – national supplies for paracetamol are coming through to shops.
- Rescue packs are not for Asthma Patients. If you are a COPD patient and are unwell and think it could be COVID-19, please check NHS 111 website.
We apologise for any disruption to our normal service at this time of national crisis – we are doing our best to maintain the best service we can during these difficult and unprecedented times.
Please follow the Government guidance – Stay at home and stay safe.
THE BURNS PRACTICE.